This art photography image was shot in Malibu, CA. It’s called “The Wave” There’s some unique things about this image. It is a color image yet everything in the image is B & W. It was shot on a day the Santa Ana’s were blowing around 70 miles an hour. It had blown the sand and water all ruff causing the sun to shine in it’s ripples. When I print this image I usually print it on Kodak metalic paper which make the whites have a metal silver look. I like the strong diagonal composition and stark B&W look. I also like to Diasec mount or frame it which is where the print is face mounted to UV protected plexiglass and sandwiched with a thin piece of black sentra backing. Then a 1 inch wide  recessed frame is added to the back that floats the print off the wall giving a very contemporary borderless look.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of my art photography images from San Miguel De Allende

Witch Walk Water Reflection